Orange Shop Soap
Or, as we call it around the house, 'Orange Scrubby'. Rich lather, a bright burst of essential orange oil, and real ground orange peel to scrub up your cruddiest messes. We love it after gardening or puttering around in the wood shop.
A few notes about our soaps and soap making process:
- All our soaps are 'cold process', meaning no external heat is added during manufacture.
- Every batch is hand measured, hand mixed, and hand poured into molds.
- When the soap is ready, we carefully remove it from the mold, then allow it to air dry until firm enough to be cut
- Once cut into individual pieces, the soap is placed on wood or wire drying racks and allowed to cure for several weeks
- Each bar is then hand planed to give a smooth, finished edge, then wrapped and labelled.
- When this one-at-a-time process is done, the finished product is placed into cool dry storage, awaiting shipment to you.
- All our soaps contain: Water, sodium hydroxide (lye), sweet almond oil, olive oil, palm oil, and coconut oil.
- Some soaps also contain: Natural colorants, essential oils, fragrance oils.
- The amount of lather produced by our soaps can vary somewhat based on the "hardness" (amount of dissolved calcium and magnesium) of your water. Rest assured, you will still receive the benefits of nourishing oils and gentle cleansing. We personally have found when traveling, a maximum lather can be obtained in sub-optimal water conditions by the use of a bath puff in conjunction with our quality products.
- As noted above, this soap contains dried orange peel, which acts as a mild exfoliant.
- All weights are approximate; individual pieces may vary slightly.